RF Design Fundamentals & Wireless System Techniques - Online
See more info and sample video
- On Demand, Besser Associates Online Academy /
Register now! or Save a seat
This course provides circuit and system designers with the essential concepts needed to work effectively with high frequency electronics. Participants gain analytical, graphical, and computer-aided techniques to analyze and optimize RF circuits in practical situations. Essential analytical tools such as S-parameters and the Smith Chart are covered.
At the system level, this course combines theory with real-life examples to provide participants with a complete foundation in understanding overall system performance metrics such as sensitivity and bit error rate. Coverage of digital communication techniques and their effects on RF circuit parameters closes the gap between traditional RF engineering design and the needs of modern communication systems.
Recordings of instructor Rick Fornes two day classroom course can now be viewed online at your convenience anywhere you have internet access. This course is composed of over 12 hours of recorded video presentation material available on-demand over a 2 month period. The class has been professionally video recorded and edited into segments that can be played back on any device that supports a web browser and Vimeo video streaming (web browser is required to enable access to the video). During the 60 day access period, you can view the recordings as often as you like. You will also be able to download a PDF of the instructor's notes, so that you can follow along with the lecture.
This course is intended for registered individual students only. Please contact us for group rates at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-949-3300. Recording, copying, or re-transmission of classroom material is prohibited.
Upon completing the course you will be able to:
- Describe RF circuit parameters and terminology.
- State the effects of parasitics on circuit performance at RF.
- Use graphical design techniques and the Smith Chart.
- Match impedances and perform transformations.
- Use performance metrics such as SNR and BER to understand system performance limitations.
- Analyze system degradation due to RF components.
- Develop wireless communication system budget profiles.
- Calculate propagation lossess and link budgets.
- Assess cost vs. performance issues.
- Evaluate the performance of differing RF wireless system architectures.
Professionals required to work in high frequency domains for the first time, as well as seasoned veterans, will benefit from this comprehensive overview of practical design techniques. An electrical engineering background (BSEE or equivalent practical experience) is recommended, as well as a familiarity with